Our Community Group

Our Community Group
Legs Galore :)

Monday, June 14, 2010

1 John from Honduras

I'm loving this blogging and hearing what God is teaching each of you even when we’re scattered across the nations. I apologize for my lack of contributing…internet access is shoddy but I’ve enjoyed more time in the Word. Though my days are busy, I’ve had more time in the mornings and evenings to read and journal. I’ll limit my postings to 1 John here and more on Honduras & travels at my blog.

The last verses in chapter 1 talk about how we're all sinful and are in need of a Savior who can cleanse us from our filthiness. Verse 10 says: "If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." Because of our humanness and weakness, we desperately need Him and need His Word in our lives.

Over the past week, I've met many families with crazy, mind-blowing life stories and situations of extreme poverty. As I've walked through several homes and visited with families, I'm saddened by the darkness of alcoholism, illness, prostitution, child labor, violence, abuse, etc. in which these kids grow up in. It's often all they know. These seem like hopeless situations and yes, AFE school is being used in awesome ways to set these kids up for success... but sometimes I feel helpless and don't know what to do. But I'm encouraged and know that I must lean on Jesus and trust in His power to redeem the darkness for in Him there is light...HE IS LIGHT! I love that we can claim victory in Christ and that His blood PURIFIES (repeated v. 7 & 9) ALL sin...no matter how awful it is. There is hope in him and not in my human efforts, though I pray the Lord can use my weakness in His strength, and to do what John writes- to proclaim what I've seen and heard and know and believe to be true!

~Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Katherine :) Praise God that His strength is mader perfect in our weakness. Praying for you and for the people whose lives you will be touching over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete