Our Community Group

Our Community Group
Legs Galore :)

Friday, June 11, 2010

1 John 1 - Simi's Entry

1 John 1:1-4 . . . Why John Wrote the Letter

John is writing to give testimony to Christ so that:
~ I may participate in fellowship with the Father and Christ (wow!) (verse 3)
~ My joy may be complete . . . total, robust, abundant (verse 4)

I have to ask myself: Am I experiencing the fellowship and utter joy that the testimony of the Word of life makes possible? Not consistently. Not perpetually. Yes, joy is always simmering in my heart somewhere, even in the midst of difficult situations. And, yes, I recognize that I have been invited to participate in fellowship with the Father, and with His Son, Jesus Christ. But TRUE fellowship, deep fellowship has been missing in my life lately. I have not availed myself of the open invitation to experience God RICHLY. As for joy . . . should I not be strengthened by it? (See Nehemiah 8:10).

We forget. We get distracted, sidetracked, and we forget how incredible it is, the testimony concerning Christ--The Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness (regular John 1:14 :) ).

What if I remembered in every moment that the great God of heaven so badly wanted fellowship with me that He picked Himself up from His throne in heaven and came near to me?

1 comment:

  1. How easy it is to miss that foundational and awesome truth! What if we did remember that every moment, or even every hour, or just a few times a day??? How transformative would that be!? I easily get so caught up in the urgency and the need to share testimony that I forget the motive that John begins with here. What a good reminder of basic truths. Thank you, Simi! (P.S. sorry for Nigeria's loss on the first game, but I have hope, it's just the beginning ;)

    ReplyDelete